ALIVE @ 25
DDC – Alive at 25® Third Edition is designed specifically for drivers between ages 15 and 24. The newly revised and updated program can be used to complement a standard driver education course or provide new direction for young drivers who incur traffic violations. The new instructor certification package is included in the course fee.
This 2½-day course will train you to work with the largest group of at-risk drivers using materials and topics they identify with. Drivers are divided into three distinct audiences: teens (ages 15-19), young adults (ages 20-24) and military personnel.
Blended learning opportunities are available for private training center instructor certification and in some cases for public training center instructor certification as well. This offer may vary at some locations. Contact the administering office or NSC Chapter for additional information and availability.
Who should attend?
- Driving school instructors
- High school driver education teachers
- State, county and local police, public information officers, court trainers and driving schools working with newly licensed drivers or teen violators
Why should you attend?
This course addresses the number one cause of death for drivers ages 15 to 24 — motor vehicle crashes — and has been adopted by many states and courts for graduated licensing and traffic violator programs. As an instructor, you will help young adults practice on-the-spot defensive driving techniques, changing bravado to confidence. This includes helping them learn key communication skills for assertiveness and being a young leader behind the wheel. Providing this training is a must in order to make our nation’s streets and highways safe.
Teaching sessions include:
- Session 1: “Are You a Potential Statistic?” — Helps young adult drivers recognize that they are more likely than anyone else to be injured or killed in a vehicle crash
- Session 2: “Recognize the Hazard!” — Identifies the two types of driving hazards as well as the poor judgments and unnecessary risks young adult drivers take in a vehicle
- Session 3: “Understand the Defense” — Shows young adults that they have control in most driving situations. Also identifies the steps they can take to gain and keep control, whether they are a driver or passenger
- Session 4: “Act Correctly, Time” — Encourages the commitment to changing driving behavior
Registration is by invitation. Contact Melissa Worcester at (888) 396-2047 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Advance registration for Alive at 25 Instructor Development is required. We understand that your schedule may change at the last minute, preventing you from attending a program, therefore substitutions are acceptable. If you must cancel a course, please contact us at least three (3) business days prior to the event for a full refund. All Cancellations and Rescheduling must be made in writing by fax or e-mail. There will be a 25% charge on "no-shows" as well as cancellations and reschedules with less than three (3) business days notice prior to the event. The NSCNNE reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule classes due to insufficient enrollments.